How to Make Personality Quizzes
Make a free personality quiz in minutes
In this article
What is a personality quiz?
A personality quiz is a quiz which assigns a type, outcome or suggests a match based upon how you've answered a series of questions. They can range from expertly developed quizzes which assess if you might be suffering from depression to a buzzfeed personality quiz which tries to determine which kind of donut is your spirit animal. You can use a personality quiz to build an online quoting system, suggest which product someone should buy or create your own personality test. In fact lead generation quizzes have generated over 1 million dollars in revenue by suggesting what kind of glasses suit your style. Your personality quiz will match answers to questions with outcomes/personality types based upon how you link up these two things. So how does all of this work? If your personality quiz is trying to determine the best holiday location for travelers you might ask questions which attempt to figure out what kinds of activities, weather and budget a person has. You'll create a list of destinations from action seeking summer getaways to winter retreats in front of a fire. You'll instruct the quiz maker on how to match the answers to the holiday destinations.
How do I make a personality quiz?
These instructions apply to the quiz maker on our homepage and within the Dashboard. Before you start you should have an idea of the personalities/types you wish to assign. If you were going to suggest which era someone really belongs in your types would be the the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s etc etc. You'll also want to have an idea of the questions you'll ask which will make a difference to what you want your quiz to suggest. These might include questions like:
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening too?
- What is your favorite movie?
- How do you spend your spare time?
For the first question above you might choose a popular artist from each era, you'd do something similar for the following questions. Now that you've got the background on how this all works we'll jump strait into the steps:
The following steps will guide you through making your first personality quiz:
- Give your quiz a title and from the Quiz type drop down select 'Assign a Type / Personality'
- Hit 'Add Question' and now select 'Multiple Choice'
- Repeat the above step until you've added all of your questions
- Hit the 'Results' tab and then + Content and select Type(s)
- Enter a title for your type and a description
- Hit the 'Assign answers and now click each answer which relates to this type. Hit 'Ok'
- Repeat the above step for each of your types
Templates and Examples of Personality Quizzes
You can view each of the following personality quizzes, you'll see a copy and edit button at the bottom of each quiz.
Secrets of Making a Viral Personality Quiz
Great quizzes are more than a bit of fun and done correctly they can go wildly viral. Each of the quizzes in the above examples have more than 200,000 responses at the time of publishing this guide with several getting close to 1 million views. What is is that makes a personality quiz so viral then?
- Your title must entice and tease - Your title should spark curiosity and let people know what they're going to learn by taking your quiz
- Share your expertise - Great quizzes are a little educational, hard to believe right? A great quiz will educate a quiz taker and provide insight in a way they hadn't considered before. They give the quiz taker an 'aha' moment, so stick to stuff you actually know and know very well.
- Not too much expertise - Your quiz is an introduction to a subject, not a pHD. You want to keep your quiz short, no longer than 10 questions
- Images rule - Pretty picture light up our reward centers and make it easier for us to maintain the motivation to continue