Super Goal 6
Expansion 4 to 6
By "Mazin A.zamil"
Choose the correct description for each photo:
4.Try to fit in
5. Causing pollution
6. If you cheat on the test,
7. If you drive on the scenic highway,
Write the infinitive or gerund form of the verb in parentheses.
Choose the best answer to fill in the blank.
Aisha: No. _____
Sabah: Yes. _____
Ahmed: _____. My plans are up in the air.
Alan: It is about time. We have been waiting for 45 minutes.
Mark: Thank goodness you’re here safe. I was _____.
What drives you crazy?
Many people get annoyed while they are driving in their cars. What irritates drivers the most? Here is a list of the top ten driving pet peeves:
- Drivers who drive slowly in the fast lane.
- Drivers who tailgate – or drive too closely to the car in front of them.
- Drivers who move from lane to lane, trying to get in front of other cars.
- Drivers who speed up to keep other cars from passing them.
- Drivers who change lanes without putting their turn signal light on.
- Drivers who have road rage and start shouting at other drivers.
- Motorcycle riders who weave in and out of traffic, going between lanes and cars.
- Drivers who forget to turn off their signal light and it keeps flashing.
- Drivers who don’t use the hazard signal, or emergency lights, before they stop suddenly to park.
- Drivers who don’t look before they pull out of a side street onto a main road.
Read the text again. Choose the best answer to each question.
25. When you are driving and you feel irritated, _____.
26. People who have road rage are _____.
27. It is annoying and dangerous to _____.
28. _____ is one of the most annoying things that drivers do.
Listen to the text again. Choose the best answer to each question.